Xacc 280 Week 8 & 9 Complete with DQ’s Checkpoints, Assignments, and Final Project
February 7, 2012 2 Comments
Internal Controls, Regulatory Bodies, and Ethics
• Describe the principles and limitations of internal controls.
• Summarize the functions of the major regulatory bodies.
• Explain the impact of unethical behavior on the profitability of a company.
1. CheckPoint: Impacts of Unethical Behavior
• Post a 250- to 300-word response that summarizes your ideas about the following:
o What was the nature of the controversy regarding this company’s practices?
o How were accounting practices involved?
o If you had been an accountant for this company, how would you have acted? Explain why.
o What might have been done to prevent the controversy?
o What was the affect of unethical behavior on the profitability of the company?
2. CheckPoint: Regulatory Bodies
• Post your response to the following question, using 250 to 300 words: What are the major regulatory bodies and their functions?
3. Assignment: Internal Controls
• Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper in APA format, including citations and references, summarizing your ideas about internal controls.
• Include the following:
o An introduction to internal controls, explaining in your own words the two primary goals of internal control
o A description of how the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 has affected internal controls
o An explanation of why a company that announces deficiencies in its internal controls would probably experience a fall in the price of its stock
o A synopsis of what you consider to be the limitations of internal controls – Cite specific examples.
o A conclusion that summarizes your main points
o A comparison of the internal control principles of (1) establishing responsibility, (2) using physical, mechanical, and electronic controls, (3) segregation of duties, and (4) independent internal verification.
• Analyze annual reports to make financial recommendations.
1. Capstone Discussion Question
• Review the annual reports for PepsiCo, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company in Appendixes A & B of Financial Accounting. Select either PepsiCo, Inc. or The Coca-Cola Company. In your estimation, the company you chose may be financially healthier or weaker. Would you invest in this company? Explain why or why not. Justify your reasoning, by presenting at least three key financial ratios that analyze the profitability, the liquidity, or the solvency of the company.
o Respond to at least one classmate who selected different ratios than those you selected or a different company to analyze.
o Comment on the significance of the ratios and your classmates’ conclusions.
o Use the same or other ratios to bolster your opinion.
2. Final Project: Financial Analysis
• Review the annual reports for PepsiCo, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company in Appendixes A & B, especially the Consolidated Statements of Income and the Balance Sheets on pp. A4, A6, B1, & B2 of Financial Accounting.
• Write a 1750- to 2,050-word paper in APA format with citations and references that provides a financial comparison of the two companies and your recommendations to improve the financial status of each.
• Include the following:
o An introductory paragraph with a statement of the purpose of your paper and a synopsis of what readers may expect to find in the paper – It is best to write this after writing the rest of the paper.
o Vertical analyses for both companies – You may use your calculations from the Checkpoint Ratio, Vertical, and Horizontal Analyses, providing you show your work.
o Horizontal analyses for both companies – You may use your calculations from the Checkpoint Ratio, Vertical, and Horizontal Analyses, providing you show your work.
Following Files are available with this answer:
- XACC 280 Week 8 Assignment Internal Controls
- XACC 280 Week 8 CheckPoint Impacts of Unethical Behavior
- XACC 280 Week 8 CheckPoint Regulatory Bodies
- XACC 280 week 9 Capstone
- XACC 280 Week 9 Final Project Financial Analysis PepsiCo and Coca Cola
Price of Answer: Just US$ 14 only (Instant Download)
Need Assistance !! email us at caresolvemyquestion.com.
If you need any type of help regarding Homework, Assignments, Projects, Case study, Essay writing then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you very soon.